Why "Magellan's Ship"?

Why “Magellan’s Ship”?

Magellan explored many islands without opposition. The theory is that the natives did not attack Magellan as one would have expected them to do upon the arrival of his big ships with a bunch of strange looking creatures on them.

Why? The natives did not know what they were looking at – they had absolutely no point of reference. In fact, they were so taken by what they saw, they laid down their spears and brought their canoes ashore. Watching the big ship with huge billowing sales was so far from any experience they had previously had, that they were in awe, welcoming Magellan and his crew, and treating them like Gods.

It is with this “awe” that I chose to view my future. Join me on my journey… It’s going to be amazing!


Monday, April 11, 2011

The Blue Suit and Red Cape

I had a dream last night that I was writing my next blog post… So, I thought I should get to it.  There must be something that I can say… I am usually never at a loss for words.

I had a picture in my mind of Superman flying up and away from the Empire State Building, yet it wasn’t him – it was me. (I know, the whole blue suit and cape thing would be stepping outside of my usual wardrobe… But, it was a cool picture in my head.)  My eyes were closed as I soared towards the sky, arms extended behind me and a lazy smile of contentment played across my face.
 
How high could I soar like this? What brings this kind of feeling of elation?


V.Satui Winery, Napa Valley CA
The Grand Adventure has brought me through the streets of Chaos, Fear, and Doubt  to the Gate of Possibilities.  Daily life filled with faulty mindsets, overwhelming responsibilities, and unrealistic commitments will become suffocating.   The winding streets of life always lead back to each other, intertwined and connecting creating a maze that is difficult (but not impossible) to break out of.  



The Desert Trail,
South Mountain, Phoenix AZ
First comes the thought and desire for “life to be different” – that yearning for a balanced life that the soul is seeking.  At this point, it is easy to suppress the desires of the soul and cling to the illusion that everything is under control.  You know, that whole, “Buck up and Deal With It!” Attitude.  However, for me, the desire to change was greater than my "need" to cling to the supposed security of my tangled life. So, it was my boldest choice to follow the Path of Change to see where it would lead. I could find no reason not to embark on this journey...  Walking through this Gate of Possibilities released me into the Wild Unknown where the rugged beauty of my life is filled with Faith, Opportunities and Unlimited Potential. 


Donning the Blue Suit and Red Cape, 
I have experienced life in a new dimension.


Mesa Verde National Park,
Mesa Verde, CO

Alice Kingsley: "Sometimes I believe in as many as six impossible things before breakfast." 
The Mad Hatter: "That is an excellent practice." 
(Excerpt taken from Alice in Wonderland, 2010)

How high will I soar? I guess that will only be determined by how many impossible things I believe in…

Let's begin counting, shall we?

-Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment